Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyAutismTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyAutismTeam Member asked a question 💭
San Diego, CA

I have recently moved to US. My son is in Kindergarten. He needs help for fastening his pants and wiping after potty. I'm training him to wipe but he is still not getting right. I have trained him so that he goes potty early in morning or in the evening and not during school hours.
But I'm worried still, will the school be providing any help in toilet training?

September 17, 2017
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyAutismTeam Member

I live in Oklahoma, so things may be different state to state or even school to school. I am a special education teacher and have a student with Autism that is also a 3rd grader and not toilet trained. I am working with his parents. We have agreed on making sure he goes and at least tries every 45min - 1 hour. Right now he is in diapers and I change him when needed. I added working on toilet training as a goal on his IEP but would have done it even if it was not in the IEP. My poor little guy does not want to use the potty! He yells ¨No¨ at me every time I tell him it is time to go try! If I ask him if he wants to go try to use the potty and he says ¨Yes¨, I know he already has a diaper that needs changing.

September 19, 2017
A MyAutismTeam Member

generally yes. But you can put it in the iep as well. Both as an accomondation and as a goal.

September 19, 2017
A MyAutismTeam Member

pre k should and k in nevada they do also ABA or a developmental specialist can help as well

September 19, 2017
A MyAutismTeam Member

San Diego

September 18, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyAutismTeam Member asked a question 💭
Rising Star, TX

A MyAutismTeam Member asked a question 💭
Michigan, MI

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In