Parents do you know of any companys or in home services that comes to your home to help with your child if needed? Do i have to have a aid? I need someone that can stay with my son for 2 hrs monday- friday for 2 hrs. Would i contact respite care providers or should i see if he qualifies for an aid?
I had a Home Health Aide for 4 hours per day . I cancelled my services since the pandemic started . Aide and respite are 2 different agency's. If you have a coordinator they can help get you set up. All the best to you.
Where are you located? In NYC they have services through the office of people with disabilities..My son gets respite (in home care) can be a relative or neighbor..hired by you. My son is entitled to 3hours a day, 5x a week. He also is entitled to Community habilitation. Someone to go out into the community with your child. I get "self directed " services..which means I do all the hiring/ firing. Its a long process, but so worth it. Google services you are entitled to get through what state you live in
I'm not sure about the age factor. You will have to check with the provider that you use.
Your service coordinator should be able to assist you
@A MyAutismTeam Member thank you so much!