Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyAutismTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyAutismTeam Member asked a question 💭
Pleasanton, CA

My tween son refused to wear short sleeves or shorts. This only became an issue a years ago. He used to wear whatever I picked out for him. I only put him in soft material like sweat pants and cotton shirts, removing any irritating tags. It gets in the low 100's over the summer and I'm hoping to turn this behavior around before summer. Has anyone else encountered this?

April 30, 2023
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyAutismTeam Member

@A MyAutismTeam Member I STILL wear themed clothing! 😁 I own many Sonic and Mario shirts. Kirby, too! :)

May 1, 2023
A MyAutismTeam Member

I'm the opposite. I hate the feeling of long sleeves and always have! I'm that girl who walks around in a t-shirt year round :)

May 1, 2023
A MyAutismTeam Member

Thank you, Adriana. I'll give that a try.

April 30, 2023
A MyAutismTeam Member

Have you tried getting him his favorite cartoon on a shirt? Like Spider-Man or Mario? I loved getting themed clothing as a child.

April 30, 2023
A MyAutismTeam Member

My child told me recently that he prefers long sleeves because he’s afraid of falling and scraping himself. His school is mostly asphalt so I can understand the fear.

May 1, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyAutismTeam Member asked a question 💭
Round Rock, TX

A MyAutismTeam Member asked a question 💭
East Elmhurst, NY

A MyAutismTeam Member asked a question 💭
Carrollton, GA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In