Always aching from work but glad I have Care Home staff do all essentials and activities like walking son etc - I am divorced and trying to look after son but Care Home staff certainly help - I hope you have someone that gives you help ie family friends neighbours OR at school/college do you have support that you like? What are you grateful for?
No, we moved here 6 years ago and there are no family members anywhere near here. Neither of us went to school here and I'm long-term unemployed. I know my some of my neighbors but people around here in this part of Massachusetts are mostly born and raised here and a non-local accent is a dead give away.
When it comes to autism it does help to have friends and family nearby because some parents feel very isolated from others because of the need to watch out for their kids more than you'd expect for non-autistic kids.
It’s just my husband and I. My MIL is already 80 years old with enough on her plate. I have siblings who live nearby, but they also are busy with their own lives and families. My hope is that our 19 year old will help out more. I made a tiny step toward that direction and added him to the emergency contact list.
Unfortunately, I do not have the support. I contact our group if I have a questions.
@A MyAutismTeam Member I hope you find local autism centre or charity to help you and always use school teacher for added support and hopefully that can have coffee mornings where parents can meet and talk. It was suggested to school and they decided to go ahead with parents support group.
We don't have any support just onle me and my husband, but I feels I'm the only one because his dad works everyday. And I do my best for my son he has autism.