Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyAutismTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyAutismTeam Member asked a question 💭
Oakland, CA

I am new here, just looking to add parents to my Autism team to connect with.

March 17, 2012
 · 
Be the first to react

Answer Summary

Members warmly welcomed someone seeking connection as a parent of children with autism, with several introducing themselves and expressing... Read more

Members warmly welcomed someone seeking connection as a parent of children with autism, with several introducing themselves and expressing eagerness to join each other's support teams. Many members shared their own experiences, including parenting children across a wide age range (9 to 23 years old) on the high functioning end of the spectrum, navigating single parenthood with autistic twins who require round-the-clock care, and managing the challenge of preventing burnout by prioritizing rest and focusing only on essential tasks. A recurring theme was the value of building community, sharing practical resources like Autism Speaks' 100 Day Kit for newly diagnosed families, and finding strength in connecting with others who truly understand the journey.

A MyAutismTeam Member

Hi Cecilia and Catherine,
I am new here also. I have 4 children on the high functioning end of the autism spectrum ranging in age from 9-23. I would love to be on your team and have you on mine. Any information we can share would be great.

April 11, 2012
A MyAutismTeam Member

I am a single mother with twins that are autistic, and they need me 24/7. I don't know how we prevent burn out yet either. But I am trying my hardest not to melt down by trying to get rest by canceling a unimportant appt., do thing that are only needed, and do what works for us.

September 11, 2012
A MyAutismTeam Member

My ds is high functioning also.

August 3, 2012
A MyAutismTeam Member

13 years! :o)

August 2, 2012
A MyAutismTeam Member

Hello Cecilla,

I am new hear also. I have a 19 year old with Autism. I would love to be on your team.

March 24, 2012

Related Questions

View All
A MyAutismTeam Member asked a question 💭
Evansville, IN

A MyAutismTeam Member asked a question 💭
Lompoc, CA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In