Noah still need s 5 point harness so we are just about done with a typical booster. With the regular car seat belt he wiggles out underneath. Cognitively he is about 18 months, so reward systems to get him to stay put don't work. Oh yes, and if it could be under $1000 that would be great (I know I am asking for the moon).
We use the Graco Nautilus (can use up to 100lbs, my son is 8 and still has plenty of growing room) http://www.walmart.com/ip/Graco-Nautilus-3in1-C..., this worked for us because the latch was slightly harder than a normal car seat and my son has fine motor issues and is not able to push the button. My older son even has problems helping him out of the seat because the latch is harder. At school with my students we use a harness system http://www.especialneeds.com/ez-on-adjustable-v... and in my 20 years of teaching I've only had one child be able to escape from this one and that child was double jointed and would pop her joints to get out (don't think it's possible otherwise) Good Luck
Recaro
@A MyAutismTeam Member are you sure you got her in the right size. In the right size and when the straps are properly placed they should not be able to reach the latches. The right size is often very snug, snug enough when I put it on kids thay have to remove their jackets.
Thanks so much, I will contact Scott!