Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyAutismTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyAutismTeam Member asked a question 💭
Michigan, MI

What are some good reliable companies for hiring sitters or nannys for special needs children? As I'm trying to continue to make sure my son has all the therapy and everything we can and need more help.

4 days ago
 · 
Reactions
A MyAutismTeam Member

Have cameras in the home if possible. When my son was younger I used a Home Health Agency. I always requested the older women. The younger ones I wouldn't leave for a second with my son even though I had cameras up.

3 days ago
A MyAutismTeam Member

Special Needs Childcare | Disabilities, Autism & ADHD

care.apex-social.com
https://care.apex-social.com › apex › aupair
Full-time, live-in support for autism & special needs families.

Caregiver Networks & Online PlatformsIf you prefer to review independent, local sitters with self-reported certifications or specific therapeutic backgrounds (such as CTRS - Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialists), you can post or search on:Care.com Michigan Special Needs Care (features local providers detailing hands-on respite and camp counseling experience)Sittercity Detroit (lists local sitters with Red Cross CPR/First Aid certifications)Wyndy Michigan Special Needs Nannies

Northville, Dexter/Ann Arbor, and surrounding areasDetails: Provides customized in-home special needs childcare and respite care with background-checked and experienced nannies. You can explore regional options via Jovie of Northville.

Personalized Childcare for Special Needs | Apex Social
Personalized Childcare for Special Needs | Apex Social
3 days ago
A MyAutismTeam Member

I’ve used this website in the past and had some luck. My kids were a lot younger then, but I liked the ability to make a job posting and evaluate the applicants. https://www.care.com

Care.com: Find Child Care, Babysitters, Senior Care, Pet Care and Housekeeping
Care.com: Find Child Care, Babysitters, Senior Care, Pet Care and Housekeeping
3 days ago
A MyAutismTeam Member

I would ask social worker who has most experience or doctor

4 days ago
A MyAutismTeam Member

This is going to depend on where you live and agencies in the area.

4 days ago

Related Questions

View All
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In