Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyAutismTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

My seven year old daughter has PDD-Nos very high functioning. She has been showing alot of anger and anxiety lately when she does not want to do something. She has also been showing these signs in school. She is in regular classes and started second grade, there are alot of changes from 1st grade. Does any one have any suggestions. She is very hard headed and stubborn.

September 3, 2013
 · 
Reactions
A MyAutismTeam Member

Shelby had a really bad day. I forgot to give her the Risperfone last night. I took one pill up to school just in case she had a major melt down. i told them to only give it to her if the meltdown was really bad. the school called me at work and could hear Shelby yelling in the back ground, 15 min after they gave her the pill she was fine and ok to go back to her room. I am taking her to a counselor tomorrow that deal with the issues she is having. I would really like to get her off the Risperdone.

September 12, 2013
A MyAutismTeam Member

my daughter becomes more reactionary, emotional, and anxious if we aren't careful with her diet. We manage her behaviors through controlled diet (unblindmymind.org). Any additional behaviors that we like to modify, we put a reward plan together to improve the behavior. My daughter likes to get little shiny star sticker with good behavior ;)

September 3, 2013
A MyAutismTeam Member

I have read that L-Theanine supplements can help, but I have not tried it yet.

September 3, 2013
A MyAutismTeam Member
December 17, 2020
A MyAutismTeam Member

I just found this out she is low on magnesium I'm trying it with my daughter also

December 17, 2020

Related Questions

View All
A MyAutismTeam Member asked a question 💭
Mechanicsburg, PA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In