Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyAutismTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyAutismTeam Member asked a question 💭
Cape Coral, FL

My 5 year old son who has ASD bothers his 7 year older brother from morning to night. I homeschool my 3 kids (FYI) I really feel bad for my older son, I don't know what to do about it. Honestly my 5 year old ASD behavior is so out of control that I fell into deep depression and I'm running out of options. I cry everyday and feel helpless. I was really thinking of putting him in a special school just so my other 2 children could have some quite time from their brother. Please don't judge me, we… read more

August 23, 2016
 · 
Reactions
A MyAutismTeam Member

when my son was younger he was a BIG sensory seeker. Any type of sensory input he would find, he did. We do a lot of sensory diet routines. He really loves his trampoline (we got a small fitness one for $19 at walmart) and other sensory things. Many kids love water and sand tables. My son LOVED a corn bucket. Filling one of the big plastic tubs with deer corn and allowing him to sit in it, have him so much sensory. We also do shaving cream play and finger painting. There are SO many things you can do to get him sensory input so he is not overwhelming the other kids. If you go on google again, they have tons of suggestions. my son also loves hiking! Let me know how it goes!!

August 25, 2016
A MyAutismTeam Member

@A MyAutismTeam Member THANK YOU! I just googled sensory seeking disorder and that is exactly was is going on. Thank you for your info.

August 23, 2016
A MyAutismTeam Member

he could be sensory seeking. Does you son have Sensory processing disorder? it might seem like he is bugging his siblings, but could just be a form of seeking sensory input.

August 23, 2016
A MyAutismTeam Member

Thank you for all your suggestions and support. I'm very thankful

August 25, 2016
A MyAutismTeam Member

My 6 year-old ASD/ADHD daughter enjoys sitting on her 4 year-old brother. He asked me if we could get another sister. Interestingly, she told me she didn't like her brother. A lot of it is sibling rivalry because neither of them get into fights with kids in school. They go to different schools, well, one is a pre-school and the other is a therapy place.

Why do you home school? Sorry if I'm being too nosy but I'm interested in home schooling. I don't know much about home schooling because it didn't exist as an option when I was a kid and never met another person my age who was homeschooled.

August 24, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyAutismTeam Member asked a question 💭
Mt Lebanon, PA

A MyAutismTeam Member asked a question 💭
Worcester, NY

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In