Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyAutismTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
October 12, 2016
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyAutismTeam Member

We have a wonderful home health aide. You can ask to meet the aide in advance to see if it's a good fit.

October 13, 2016
A MyAutismTeam Member

Hi Sis! Is there a social worker who works with you? Do you have State Insurance? I did not have a health care worker come into our home; but if you need a professional like that; call your insurance company and speak with them. Ask at the hospital for someone to come into the home. Ask questions to whomever you interact with for your son. I have a Behavioral Therapist, who comes into our home for both of my children, and a Speech Pathologist (via Videochat). I know you are speaking of someone who can come into the home to help you with him. They are there for you, but you need to speak to your healthcare professionals, doctors, or anyone who can, at least, give you some direction. There are social workers at the hospital where I take my children. Someone should be able to give you the help you need. We love you and Blessings! I hope this helps a little!

October 12, 2016
A MyAutismTeam Member

Yes I do have state insurance. A nurse is suppose to visit before I get a home health aide. I will speak with her.

October 12, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A MyAutismTeam Member asked a question 💭

A MyAutismTeam Member asked a question 💭
New York, NY

A MyAutismTeam Member asked a question 💭
Cleveland, OH

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In