Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyAutismTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyAutismTeam Member asked a question 💭
Holiday, FL

How many of you use a stroller for 5 yr old or older when they are about to have a melt down in public

June 12, 2017
 · 
Reactions
A MyAutismTeam Member

When my 13 year old son has a meltdown I had to take him right back to the car and we have to go home and the trips are with because I don't know what to do when he does have a meltdown

June 12, 2017
A MyAutismTeam Member

Do it. They are heavy.

June 27, 2017
A MyAutismTeam Member

My son is reaching the 45lbs and it is hard to push my Britax B angle it tops over rhwen he get to throwing him self around. I need a stroller because I'm only 4'11" and have a bit of a time of he gets to much out of control and I'm by my self. I have asked my Dr. To write a referral to my insurance company to see if they won't help purchase one with a higher weight limit or a push chair. I have to make sure he is safe but feel a bit saddened, I have to make sure I have some where to strap him down in public if I see a big melt down coming. He isn't able to think and would be hitting anyone close by or dash in a parking lot or are at knocking things down.

June 13, 2017
A MyAutismTeam Member

When I go to the mall with Kianna I use a stoller cause she likes to watch but not always wants to sing and dance. She would rather take off. I get looks but I don't care. Also, she always wants to bring stuff, like snacks and toys (don't play with the toys usually but has to have them) plus water and who knows what. It is easier to keep everything together and keep an eye on her and if she wants to get out and dance and decides to run I am not loaded down with anything, I can just go after her. I have had her kicking and screaming (had to carry her one time didn't bring stroller or anything it was a unplanned stop) had to keep stopping and getting a better hold people stared. (don't care) Went to kids club and she wanted to go to the play area instead of go home after the carousel ride. Half in the stroller half me carrying her what a sight with her screaming and frailing her arms and legs trying to stop me. (we had something else going on and had to be home) again people are giving you that look like can't you control your kid or whyi is that older child in a stroller. Sometimes I just look at them for a second but my concern is my child and her not hurting her self. Don't care about her screaming part the mall is all ready noisy not a library. I just don't care what people think, they have not lived in my shoes. They have no tight to judge me or how I deal with my daughter. (No I am not going to beat the sense into her wouldn't work, maybe I could beat some sense in to you (to the person who said that) LOL

June 13, 2017
A MyAutismTeam Member

My twins almost 5 we still use a stroller most of the time I'm trying to get them out and walking

June 13, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A MyAutismTeam Member asked a question 💭
Rock Island, IL

A MyAutismTeam Member asked a question 💭
Holiday, FL

A MyAutismTeam Member asked a question 💭
Beaver Falls, PA