Does anyone have issues with melt down in cars while driving and your child tries and can get out of their car seat?
Thank you. My son actually with his older sister who has kids of her own. He had a melt down on her because she had. To bring him home and he wanted to stay with his nephew longer to play. She called me panicked because she was on the highway and he was getting out .. I had to threaten him with everything I had to make hime stay in it. On speaker phone of course. I was worried to death my grandson was scared because he had never witnessed such a melt down .it was completely awful for them all. Once I was able to get him to put his seatbelt back on he finely calmed and fell asleep. He was exhausted.
My son hate to buckle up and he's always fighting with his brothers and can't sit still that's a pullover a few times it's hard for us to go anywhere
Yes. My son, 25 - has a long van ride to and from his work center (a solid hour). I've started sending his afternoon meds with the driver to give him before he gets in the van - it seems to be working so far.
Times when a child (or a man) act up like that can be very worrisome. Especially if it means he might lose a school, bus ride, or one of the parents (if there are two parents) may not be able to work.
Kianna used to arch her back so I couldn't get her in even as a little baby. I would have to move quick all the while she is screaming her head off. It got worsewhen she got bigger. She is strong and determined not to be put in the carseat. Once in the carseat she would scream most of the trip. If it was a long one (20 min. or more she might fall asleep just before we get to our destination.) When she was a baby and if it was just her and I; I would put on Mexican music on the radio, sometimes she would stop crying. (Till about 4 years or so that worked) When she was around 4 I did kids tape cassettes (lucky with a van that has one) or cds. Her favorite one was/still is Disney Songtape Yankee Doodle Mickey. (One of a few things I have from my childhood.)
At around 2 years. She would get the top clip either pushed down or undone and get her arms out while I was driving. I would pull off the freeway on to a side road and buckle her back in alot of times with resistants. Luckily she couldn't undo the button that holds her in. She can sometimes now that she is 6 1/2 years old. Luckily she doesn't get out much any more. I would tell her even as a toddler (which fell on deaf ears mostly because them years was spent screaming in the car) Mommy just wants you to be safe and not get hurt. If someone hits us and your not buckled in you could go flying around the car and get hurt really bad. Sometimes it was like she understood me and gave me a kiss and hug as if to say sorry. The minute I turn around she is trying to get out again. As she has gotten
Older luckily it has gotten better. But if she doesn't want in the carseat she will make you work for it. That is why I don't tell her we are going to a doctor of any kind till we get there. (I would have a very hard time getting her in the car then in the carseat.) Sometimes I would bribe her, a sucker, bag of fruit snacks or something she wants like her tablet. I would tell her I was going to put her tablet up and she can't play with it. In the beginning when she was 4 when she got her tablet she didn't care. When she kept losing it she finally got it. It took her almost a year or so to figure that out. Hope this helps. HUGS