Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyAutismTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyAutismTeam Member asked a question 💭
Louisiana, MO

My daughter will not let me strap her down in her car seat. Any suggestions I’m all in. She want even sit down while the cars moving. I just want her to be safe. We have been dealing with this for months and I’ve tried everything

August 30, 2022
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyAutismTeam Member

https://www.especialneeds.com/shop/special-need...

August 30, 2022
A MyAutismTeam Member

I don't have any info on how for her to let you put on the seat belt. However, I do have a suggestion for safety while the car is moving. Last year I got my son a buckleroo. It's a piece of plastic that goes over the seat belt and keeps him from pushing the red seat belt release button. You use a car key or house key in the narrow slot to release the seat belt. Plus side is it's on $10.

August 30, 2022
A MyAutismTeam Member

Thanks I’ll look into it but even when I strap her down she still manage to get out of the seat belt

August 30, 2022
A MyAutismTeam Member

Hi! I was wondering if your daughter is receiving applied behavior analysis (ABA) therapy. If not, you might want to consider and look for an in-home ABA services to support her needs. The ABA team will support and can teach you on how to desensitize your child with unfamiliar things around her using positive reinforcement. 😉

August 30, 2022

Related Questions

View All
A MyAutismTeam Member asked a question 💭
Toronto, ON

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In