Washing hands, taking showers, and keeping up with grooming -- it's essential for children with autism to learn good personal hygiene. Whether it's making your routine less scary or more fun, MyAutismTeam members share tips to teach hygiene to kids and teens on the spectrum.
On MyAutismTeam, the social network and online support group for parents of kids with Autism, members talk about a range of personal experiences and struggles. Personal hygiene one of the top 10 topics most discussed.
Here are a few question-and-answer threads about personal hygiene:
• How can I get my 15-year-old son to touch and wash his own hair?
• How can I make bath time less stressful?
• How do you wash your child's hair?
Here are some conversations about personal hygiene:
• My daughter is not taking personal hygiene and puberty well...
• A member shares about how different routines at home make personal hygiene difficult.
• A member shares about her son wanting to go to college and his hygiene.
Can you relate?
Have another topic you'd like to discuss or explore? Go to MyAutismTeam today and start the conversation. You'll be surprised just how many others may share similar stories.
Feel free to ask a question here.