My son is almost 5 years old and is in a full back booster seat. He does fine it, but keeps unbuckling the seat belt and running around the mini-van. We were without a vehicle for a while and just purchased one but the safety things that go over the seat belt button do not fit. Does anyone know of anything we can place over the seat belt button in a 2002 Honda Odyssey? They have worked great in other vehicles but not this one. I am very worried about his safety.
@LilybugsMom-it sure is! I actually filed down the edge of the buckle button cover we previously used and managed to make it work. I just have to push really hard on the buckle to get it to click. But it keeps James safe so that's what counts. :)
Thanks a bunch, but that one he would figure out in about 2 minutes. I actually used a nail file and filed some of it away so the buckle handle a little more room to be pressed down. It seems to work now. :)
Perfect question today, just sent someone the very same thing. Check out this product. By everything I can find, it is universal and would fit your needs to a 'T'!
http://www.especialneeds.com/seat-belt-buckle-g...
Best of luck!
It's amazing what we have to come up with to protect our own children. Us ASD parents have to get really creative sometimes ;)
Have you tried using a social story about it? WE actually just discussed this topic in school. My son has been starting the same thing at 4 but we have been talking about very bad boo boos and going back to the Dr's. Something my son understands. It has helped him and he's starting to not do it as much though I do have to keep an eye on him to remind him once in a while.