Melatonin
It is 'Natural' @A MyAutismTeam Member, and that's why you only need enough to kick off his natural body's ability to create it's own.
Try reducing the 'Normal' (Prescribed) dosage by half and give him a warm bath.
After doing that for a few weeks, reduce it again to 1/4 of the dosage.
You don't.
Too much will give him night-terrors.
You need to reduce it and see what the minimum is that will work.
I would seek the advice of a professional physician. There is no known side effects of melatonin — although it has to be prescribed where I live for children, it isn't an over-the-counter option.
My daughter went from 1 to 2 mg and it helped.
My son's pyschiatrist suggested giving him a magnesium glycinate supplement in addition to melatonin. It's supposed to help the body naturally regulate itself. It's been helpful for him without raising his melatonin.
Really? I didn't know too much gives kids night terrors,he only takes 1mg as of now,I figured it would be safe giving it to him, because it's all natural